To get the BSD Specialist certificate you have to pass the exam 702.
The typical BSD Specialist certification holder is a system administrator of BSD operating systems. The certification holder has an understanding of the architecture of the BSD operating systems. This includes the ability to manage various aspects of a BSD installation, including the management of user accounts and groups, processes, file systems, installed software, and client networking configuration. The candidate is experienced in using standard BSD and Unix tools on the command line.
To receive the BSD Specialist Certification the candidate must:
- Have a working knowledge of BSD operating systems: FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD
- Be able to install, manage, and configure BSD operating system
- Be able to configure hardware, set kernel parameters, and manage system security
- Have basic knowledge in BSD system administration, job scheduling, and system automation
- Have basic network administration knowledge