LPI Partner Meeting 2016
The Call for Papers has started for the LPI Partner Meeting 2016, which is taking place on Wednesday, the 21st of September and on Thursday, the 22nd of September in Kassel.
This year's LPI Partner Meeting runs under the slogan "LPI Day 2016" in order for the series of events both to open up for further guests interested in Open Source as well as to enhance exchange. The exchange between partners will continue to be paramount, but shall be extended to include other interested companies.
Proposals for your presentations or workshops can be submitted under www.lpice.eu/cfp. Presentations may be given in German as well as in English. Please submit your proposals by 30.07.2016.
We would appreciate presentations concerning the following topics, but of course these are only suggestions. You are welcome to hand in proposals for additional subjects around Linux certification as well.
- Linux, certainly safe: IT safety in the domain of Linux and open source
- IoT and Linux: Linux and open source software on the Internet of Things
- Freedom is open: open hardware, open knowledge, open education, open data, open technology
- Digitisation everywhere: ... in the working world, ... in leisure time, ... in education
- Learning materials under free licences: open educational resources (OER)
- Best practice examples and case studies: how do companies prepare for LPI exams and other IT
- Mobile first: mobile concepts and solutions with Linux and open source software
- FOSS and law: legal aspects of Linux and open source software, e.g. licencing and copyright
- A close look at: trends in certification
The meeting starts at 17:00 on the 21st of September at LPI Central Europe's headquarters at Karthäuserstr. 8 in Kassel and will be continued at 9:30 on the 22nd of September at the premises of Science Park, Universitätsplatz 12, also Kassel, www.sciencepark-kassel.de.
The meeting will not only be open for LPI partners, but interested companies, institutions and other guests are more than welcome, too! Guests will be charged a fee of € 95,- to contribute to the costs.
Please click here to get to the registration form for LPI Day 2016
"As in recent years, special thanks go to the OpenRheinRuhr and Michael Gisbers for the repeated support for our Call for Papers and the supply of their Pentabarf system for the planning of presentations."